Visiting hours in ICU cover a 24 hour period.
- Visitors are limited to two persons at a time/10 minutes on the hour or at nurse’s discretion.
- No children under the age of 14 are to visit unless special arrangements have been made with the nurse in charge when the children are to visit.
- Visiting hours should be limited.
- If, after consultation with the nurse in charge, it is decided that the patient and/or significant others would benefit from expanding visiting hours, permission can be granted.
- If the patient’s condition necessitates, visitors will be asked to step out with the assurance of the staff that they may visit again as soon as possible.