Cafeteria Serving Hours:
The cafeteria is open for ala carte from 6:15 a.m. to 5:45 p.m on weekdays.
Breakfast: 7:00-10:30 a.m. (hot breakfast when available on weekdays, ala carte daily)
Lunch: 11:30 a.m.- 1:00 p.m. (daily)
Dinner: 4:30-5:45 p.m. (weekdays only)
Weekends: 6:15 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Vending machines and a Keurig Coffee Machine are available in the cafeteria.
The cafeteria will close as of 3 p.m. on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and holidays.
Scheduled appointments for: Outpatient Nutritional Counseling provided by Registered Dietitians for Weight Management, Diabetes, Cholesterol Lowering, HTN and other diseases. Physician Referral required. Community Education on nutrition and living well.
Staffed by three registered dietitians with over forty years in the nutrition field:
Karen Carmany, MS, RD, CDN
Mary Mittiga, R.D.,CDN
Director of Nutritional Services
Elizabeth MorganR.D., CDN
How can Nutrition Counseling Services help you:
- Each patient receives an individual nutrition assessment. Meal plan and nutrition recommendations are tailored to each person’s needs.
- Massena Memorial Hospital Nutrition Counseling Service serves the entire community; from young adults to senior citizens, teen-agers and children.
- Areas of specialization include but are not limited to:
- Cholesterol Lowering/Monitoring
- Weight Management
- Eating Disorders
- Blood Pressure Control
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Pregnancy/Gestational Diabetes
- Renal/Kidney Disease
- Additionally, MMH Nutrition Counseling Services offers an individual daily diet check for nutritional adequacy through a computer analysis; calorie intake, fat content, protein , vitamins and minerals included in your daily diet.
- MMH Nutrition Services offers bioelectrical impedance evaluation of