MMH Focus on Health
The Spring 2012 edition of Massena Memorial Hospital's newsletter "Focus On Health" is now available on-line! New Look...great information.
This edition features articles on:
- Wi-Fi Keeps Patients adn Family Members Connected-- MMH provides free wireless Internet service to help our patients and visitors stay in touch. It's never been easier to chat with family, share photos of newborns, conduct busienss, or get news and entertainment while you stay at our hospital.
- MMH Expanding Campus
As a community hosptial, Massena Memorial Hospital, provides the same quality of healthcare as the big medical centers. Caring for your helath takes a dedicated team. The kind we have on the job here everyday. To serve the community even better, MMH is expanding its campus with the addition of a new medical office building across from the hospital.
- Colonosopy Screening: Yes or No? Highly effective at preventing colon cancer deaths, colonoscopy is still considered the gold standard screening. Colorectal cancer is the second leasing cause of cancer deaths among American men and women. Dr. Luis Canales, Board Certified Gastroenterologist explains the screening process that could save your life.
- MMH Leads teh Statewide Stop-Smoking Initiative-- MMH is the first in the state to launch the Hospital Opt-To-Quit program with the support of the Tobacco Cessation Center of Northern New York.
- Take a Step in the Right Direction--Walking helps you lose weight and lower your risk for heart disease and diabetes. Learn more about the benefits...
- Upcoming Community Education, Events and Support Groups.