MMH Endoscopy offers High Definition Imaging with an Experienced Healthcare Team
The Massena Memorial Hospital Endoscopy Suite with three leading-edge procedure rooms, our GI Endoscopy Suite offers advanced diagnostic, screening and treatment services for a wide range of gastrointestinal disorders. Board-certified physicians along with specially trained experienced nurses use state-of-the-art high definition endoscopic equipment and techniques to provide services that are precise, safe and timely - all in a warm, friendly and compassionate environment.
If you are suffering from symptoms such as abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, difficulty swallowing, intestinal bleeding or anemia, you may benefit from a GI endoscopy. Call the Massena Memorial Hospital Endoscopy Unit at 1-315-842-3030 for more information or contact one of our physicians to schedule a consultation:
• Luis Canales, MD, Gastroenterology 769-1667
• Jayant Jhaveri, MD, Internal Medicine 764-0221
• Jose Mejia, MD, General Surgeon 769-4656
• Sanjay Shah, MD, General Surgeon 769-4656
• Byung Lim, MD, General Surgeon 769-6081
Members of the MMH Endoscopy Team are Marlyn Berry, RN, Elaine McCann, RN, Linda Smith, RN, Malinda Durant, RN, Tonya Belknap, LPN, and Clyde Leffler, Clerk, and Helen Horvath, RN. The physicians are Luis Canales, MD, Gastroenterologist, Jayant Jhaveri, MD, Internal Medicine, General Surgeons Jose Mejia, MD, Sanjay Shah, MD, and Byung Lim, MD.
What is endoscopy?
Gastrointestinal endoscopy is a procedure that allows a physician to see the inside lining of your digestive tract. This examination uses an endoscope - a flexible fiber-optic tube with a tiny camera at the end - that provides close-up, real-time viewing.
In addition to showing what your digestive tract looks like, the endoscope can be used to treat many conditions within its reach. The instrument is fitted with tiny instruments that enable us to treat many of the abnormalities that may be encountered. The physician can remove benign growths such as polyps, repair tears or ulcers, and stretch strictures (narrowed areas). He can also use it to collect small pieces of tissue for biopsy.
Procedures we perform
• Gastroscopy for evaluating and diagnosing problems with the upper GI tract (esophagus, stomach and duodenum) including cancers, ulcers, varices, strictures and reflux
• Colonoscopy screenings for cancer, polyps, hemorrhoids and inflammatory bowel disease
• Emergency endoscopies for a wide variety of reasons
Choosing Massena Memorial Hospital Endoscopy Services
Although we perform dozens of these procedures, we understand that, to you, they're anything but routine. That's why we take the time to let you know what to expect and walk you through each step. You can feel at ease knowing that our staff has the skills and experience to provide superior, personalized care.
At Massena Memorial Hospital:
• We have consistently exceeded our patient satisfaction goal - with scores of more than 99% - for the past five years in all aspects of care
• All physicians who perform endoscopy procedures are board-certified in gastroenterology, general surgery or internal medicine
• Each nurse brings 20 years or more of nursing experience
• We use state-of-the-art high definition equipment
• Our services range from routine screenings to complex diagnostics and treatments
• We are equipped to respond quickly to emergencies, with on-call nurses for late hours
If you are suffering from symptoms such as abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, difficulty swallowing, intestinal bleeding or anemia, you may benefit from a GI endoscopy. Call the Massena Memorial Hospital Endoscopy Unit at 1-315-842-3030 for more information or a physician listing to schedule a consultation.