MEDITECH Internet Gateway is a secure and convenient online tool that allows you to:
- Communicate sensitive medical information to providers at any time, in complete confidence.
- Schedule/Verify appointments and view a log of past visits
- Request prescription renewals
- View your own test results and reports via the web
- Confirm health plan and billing information
- View your health record information
- Update mailing address and other demographic data
Web users can enter, view, and transmit HCIS information over the World Wide Web via the MEDITECH Internet Gateway. Providers, patients, and employees can use the Gateway.
How it Works:
The HCIS modules transmit the information to the Web pages on the Gateway. As activity occurs in the HCIS modules, the Gateway updates the appropriate Web pages with the most current information.
The Gateway uses passwords and encryption to maintain the database security and confidentiality.
Providers who are Web users can use the Gateway to access recent clinical lab results and reports. In addition, providers can enter orders, check their schedules, and communicate with the laboratory
Patients who are Web users can view their scheduled appointments, directions to the facility, and visit preparation information. In addition, they can view lab results and reports, access their billing information, request prescription refills, and communicate with their providers. Patient viewing of lab results is limited.
Employees who are Web users can view their demographic information, work schedules, benefits, and payroll/direct deposit information. They can also request vacation time.
Look for the Internet Gateway Portal later this year..